Gynecologists are physicians who specialize in women’s wellbeing, with a focus on the reproductive system of females. They deal with different issues, including obstetrics, or pregnancy & childbirth, menstruation, fertility problems, STIs, hormone imbalances, and others.
Fast facts regarding a gynaecologist in Gurgaon:
- A gynecologist is a physician who specializes in the female reproductive organs.
- Most women start visiting a gynecologist from their early teens
- Women are recommended to visit a gynecologist yearly for check-up, and any time they’ve symptoms that worries them.
- A gynecologist must be certified & registered with a professional body.
When to see a Gynecologist in Gurgaon?
A visit to the gynaecologist is recommended for yearly screening and any time a female has worries about symptoms like vulvar, pelvic, and vaginal pain or unusual bleeding from the uterus.
Common conditions treated by a gynecologist include:
- Problems related to mensuration, fertility and pregnancy
- Family planning including pregnancy termination and contraception.
- Issues with tissues that support the pelvic organs
- polycystic ovary syndrome
- benign conditions of the reproductive tract, for instance, ovarian cysts, fibroids, breast disorders, vulvar and vaginal ulcers, and other non-cancerous changes
- cancers of the reproductive tract and the breasts, and pregnancy-related tumors.
- pelvic inflammatory diseases, including abscesses
- sexuality, including health issues relating to same-sex and bisexual relationships
- sexual dysfunction
- and many other conditions….
At what age you should see a gynaecologist?
A gynaecologist can treat a girl or a woman at any age. It is recommended to start visiting a gynaecologist from the age of 13-15 years.
Developing a bonding with the gynaecologist allows a girl or woman to be more at ease while asking queries about menstruation, sexuality and so forth, and gives a point of contact if the symptoms happen in the future.
Also it gives the gynaecologist an opportunity to guide a woman’s overall health in the long-term, via counselling on critical health & lifestyle problems.
What happens at the gynecologist?
Well, it depends on the reason for the visit & the individual’s situation. If it’s a young woman’s first visit, she may just have a chat with the physician, get some general health info, and find out what to expect in the future.
Remember that an honest report of your health concerns & lifestyle gives the gynaecologist a better idea of your situation and enables them to help you more. It’s recommended to avoid sexual activity, using a vaginal douche, or using tampons for two days before a gynaecological examination.
Last but not the least, ensure your gynecologist is experienced enough to take care of any health related issues to female reproductive organs.